Our state level Unified School Youth Activation Committee (YAC) has representatives from many high schools throughout Rhode Island. In addition to our State YAC, we also have five Regional Youth Activation Committees that meet on a monthly basis so that schools can be involved at a local level. Members of these committees work together throughout the year to develop goals and objectives to promote school communities where all young people are advocates of change to embrace a culture of acceptance and respect in their schools.
Our Youth Activation Committee plays a vital role in planning for and participating in the following Unified School events:
- Annual High School Youth Forum
- Spread the Word to End the Word
- Unified School Plunge
- Fans in the Stands
- Volunteering at Special Olympics Events
Regional Youth Activation Committees
- Region One: Central Falls, East Providence, Hope, Johnston, Juanita Sanchez, Mt. Pleasant, North Providence, Tolman
- Region Two: Chariho, Coventry, Exeter/West Greenwich, Narragansett, North Kingstown, Prout, South Kingstown, Westerly
- Region Three: Burrillville, Cumberland, Lincoln, North Smithfield, Ponaganset, Scituate, Smithfield, Woonsocket
- Region Four: Barrington, Middletown, Mt. Hope, Portsmouth, Rogers, Tiverton
- Region Five: Bishop Hendricken, Cranston East, Cranston West, East Greenwich, Pilgrim, Tollgate, Warwick Vets
- Region Six: LaSalle Academy
For more information on our State Youth Activation Committee or Regional Committees, please contact Gerri Walter.