Happy October everyone! Where has the time gone?! Things have not seemed “normal” in a long time it seems
and you may still feel confused, upset, scared, or stressed. And that is okay! It is hard to adjust to change and this
has been a difficult time for a lot of people.
I want to give you all some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling stressed! First remember to take a few deep
breaths and count to ten to help yourself reset. Then with your mind clear look at the list of tips below and see if there
is something you can do to move into the right direction.
– Exercise! Ever wonder why squeezing a stress ball over and over helps you feel better? Well, physical activity helps
release “happy” chemicals in your brain like endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine and serotonin. Take some time for yourself
and get your sweat on! You’re going to be a good tired and you’ll also feel a lot better mentally.
– Fuel with the right foods! Choose foods that can keep you going throughout the day. This is something that’s important
not just when you’re stressed! Not eating enough can make you feel anxious and cranky (HANGRY is a real thing!), while eating
too much can leave you feeling tired. By eating small, frequent healthy meals, you help your body maintain an even level of energy
throughout the day. That keeps you operating at your best! Think fruits and veggies, not chips and cookies!
– Get enough sleep! When we are too stressed our minds can feel like they’re racing in a million different directions, making it
hard to relax. It is incredibly important though to get a proper amount of sleep each night. If we don’t sleep enough, we put our body
at risk of feeling off, or “out of whack.” Remember to turn off your screens an hour before bed time to help your body’s natural clock
adjust. If you are having trouble calming down, treat yourself to a warm bubble bath or listen to some calming music.
– Make a list! If you feel like you have way too much to do, make a list and put it in order of which things needs to be done now,
and which things are not as important to get done right away. If you have a big project you can break that down into steps and just focus on one step at a time.
– Ask for help! We’re not all superheroes who need to handle everything by ourselves! It is okay to tell someone you trust that you are feeling overwhelmed and need their help. Remember, teamwork is one of the best ways to get things done!
– Think positive! Focusing on the downside of every situation can leave you dragging and unmotivated. When you think positively about yourself and your work, you’re more productive! Remember to take things one day at a time. You cannot change the past and much of the future is also out of your control so make sure you focus on making the best of what is right in front of you.
And in case you need a pep talk today…this is your daily reminder that you are AWESOME!!!