Hope you are all staying positive and doing well! I wanted to reach out and provide a resource for all of you
to help you keep healthy: FIT 5.
We’ve been doing the exercises from FIT 5 during my live videos. Speaking of which, here are the YouTube links to
my 3 videos from last week:
Now, what exactly is FIT 5? It is a plan for physical activity, nutrition, and hydration to help improve your health and fitness and
ultimately help make you the best athlete you can be! FIT 5 encourages us to:
- Exercise 5 days a week
- Eat 5 total fruits and vegetables per day
- Drink 5 water bottles per day
Today, I’m going to talk about the first bullet point, exercise. Your FIT 5 goal is to exercise 5 days a week.
There are so many ways to be active and exercise! Exercise builds endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Endurance – helps you to run further and play longer, while taking fewer breaks.
Examples: running, cycling, walking the dog, dancing
- Strength – helps you to throw farther, run faster, and jump higher!
Examples: lifting weights, using medicine balls and resistance bands
- Flexibility – prevents injuries to your muscles and joints by helping your body move easier in different directions.
Examples: Stretching before and after activity, yoga
- Balance – helps you avoid falling by giving you more control over your body.
Examples: Yoga, practicing balance at home
If you already exercise with me on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, then you have 3 of those 5 days down! On the days
we don’t do a live video together, pick an activity from above. It can be as simple as taking a walk in your neighborhood if it is nice outside,
or re-watching one of our videos if it is raining. Click here for the FIT 5 flashcards with the exercises we have been doing.
Keep sending in your workout selfies! I love seeing all of your smiling faces 🙂 Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help with
finding ways to exercise! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.