It’s that time of year; the air is cooler, the leaves are changing…its Fall in New England!
I love the Fall! One of my favorite memories growing up was biking to the Scituate Art Festival with my family and walking around to see all the local vendors’ creations! We also used to get a baked cinnamon apple to share before riding home J
Fall is a great time to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Below are some healthy Fall activities for you to do this season!
- Apple picking – Instead of just going to the grocery store, head to the orchard and pick your own right from the tree! This is a great way to get in some physical activity AND you’ll leave with a bag full of healthy fruit!
- Pick your own pumpkin – Going to the pumpkin patch can be your workout for the day! Not only is it fun to walk around and search for the perfect pumpkin, but squatting down and picking up your favorite ones is definitely a workout in disguise!
- Go leaf peeping – Get out and see those beautiful, colorful leaves! Going for a walk or bike ride is a great way to spend some time outside in the foliage.
- Corn maze – Making your way through a corn maze definitely gets you some exercise! Bonus: go to a haunted corn maze; that will really get your heart pumping!
- Football – It’s officially football season and even if you’re just playing catch that still gets you moving! PS: SORI unified flag football tournament is October 26 at Bryant University!
- Go to a farmer’s market or local festival – It’s so fun wandering through local markets; you never know what you will find! Bonus points if you walk or ride your bike to one!
- Rake leaves – Once those leaves have fallen, it’s time to rake them up! Raking is a chore but it gets you some great exercise.
Now get outside and enjoy this wonderful time of year!